Own a piece of Fort Davis history prominently located in the heart of town. The Fort Davis Drug Store was originally located in the lobby of the Hotel Limpia. In 1949, owner Bill Fryer and family built the existing building and moved the original soda fountain to its present location. The Pharmacy, Doctor’s offices and check-out counter were located in the back of the store and patrons sat at the soda bar and cafe tables. Sundry Drugstore items were in rows of long, tall shelves. The comic book section was a popular stop.
In 1980, the second story was added to the building housing the Hotel section. The lunch counter was expanded to a full service restaurant at this time. The Fort Davis Drug Store & Hotel became the heart of Fort Davis.
Today, the Fort Davis Drug Store & Hotel provides locals and visitors old fashioned Texas hospitality. The Fort Davis Drug Store is now four departments operated in a 8,690 square foot building. The Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner six days a week from 7:30 am-7:30 pm Sunday through Friday. The Sweet Shop features the Soda Fountain serving Blue Bell ice cream and hand dipped shakes and malts and Fort Davis Fudge Factory serves several varieties of butter cream fudge made fresh in-house. The Gift Shop offers mostly American made and locally made gifts. The Hotel offers six comfortable Texas themed rooms with WIFI, flat-screen TV and private baths. In addition there is a guest common area and private meeting space or overflow dining area.
A turn-key business with consistent revenue growth in all areas of the business.