Butterfield Inn and the separate 1200sqft retail space that fronts on State Street is in the center of the business district in the historic town of Fort Davis, Texas. McDonald Observatory, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Davis Mountain State Park and Chihuahuan Desert Nature Center and Botanical Gardens are within a short drive. With its prime location, well-appointed lodging, welcoming landscaped and shaded inner courtyard, Butterfield Inn is popular with visitors, many who return year after year. The current 48 Google Reviews reflect a 4.6 rating! The present owners have operated the Inn and adjacent retail space for over fourteen years and in the process have furnished the cottages and apartments with fine antiques and comfortable furnishings which are included with the sale of the property. All lodging was completely renovated in 2014. The owner’s retail business Along the Trail Antiques and inventory are not included in this offer.
The Inn is comprised of four guest cottages and a separate 2,289+/- square foot building that houses a one-bedroom suite, two-bedroom apartment, laundry room, and 1,200+/- square foot retail space and separate office. The buildings are wood frame construction on either concrete slab or pier and beam and all buildings have metal roofs.
The four guest cottages are each 380+/- square feet and feature vaulted ceilings, a wood burning fireplace with brick surround and a private bath. Each spacious cottage is appointed with comfortable antique and home furnishings, with layout that include sitting area, dining space, mini-fridge, microwave oven, and coffee maker. TV with cable service and internet access are provided. Each cottage has its own front patio and looks onto the tree shaded interior courtyard. Additional outdoor seating areas are located off the main building.
The 2,289+/- square foot main building fronts on State Street and is divided into three separate income producing areas:
- 1,200+/- square foot retail space with half bath, separate office space, front door and display windows fronting onto State Street and rear access to covered porch and interior courtyard.
- Separate office space accessible from retail space or from State Street
- Two-bedroom apartment featuring a wood burning fireplace with brick surround, equipped kitchen with refrigerator and range, dining area, spacious living area, separate master bedroom and guest bedroom. Access to a covered patio looking onto the interior courtyard with alternate entry available from State Street.
- One Bedroom suite with private bath is also accessible to the two-bedroom apartment creating a three-bedroom lodging space. Access to a covered patio looking onto the interior courtyard.
- Laundry room utilized by hotel management and staff is accessible from the interior courtyard.
The business includes the URL www.butterfieldinn.com/about.html. Financial information will be provided to qualified Buyers who sign a Non-disclosure Agreement.