142+/- acre property with two bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath 2,300+ square foot home provides commanding panoramic views of the Davis Mountains. The southern slopes of McIvor Mountain, with elevation 5,748 feet, encompasses the northern boundary of the property and seasonal Limpia Creek frames the southern boundary. It’s rare to find a property of this size and topographic diversity for sale in the Davis Mountains: rock faced mountain tops with roaming aoudad sheep, gorge with rock sentinels and a man-made dam dated 1920, grassland flats with a corral across from a seasonal creek. This gem is located on the northwestern boundary of Limpia Crossing Subdivision and a 1-D-1 Appraisal Wildlife Exemption is in effect.
The property to the north is a large ranch with a conservation easement and the ranch to the east is a remote part of Prude Ranch.
Developed with great care and stewardship by the present owner, the home is surrounded by native plant gardens sowed with seeds harvested from trees and native vegetation found on the property. Gravel pathways navigate through the gardens, to the 2,000sf barn and workshop or to one of three observatories, two of which are equipped with Ritchey-Chretien telescopes.
The 2,300+ square foot two bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath ranch style manufactured home was custom designed with three living areas, sunroom and summer kitchen with Saltillo tiled flooring, oak hardwood plank flooring throughout the living areas, two gas fireplaces with oak surrounds, morning breakfast room looking out to McDonald Observatory in addition to a formal dining area. Additional improvements include a 2,000sf barn and workshop with attached two-car carport and RV port, two-car garage with attached covered parking, high-fenced native plant garden with pergola and fountain, perimeter fencing of the entire property, three observatories, well and septic.
Study with built-in library style bookcases, two built in hutch
Office with built-in library style bookcase and built-in hutch, propane gas fireplace with oak surround
Family Room with black-out shades and propane gas fireplace with oak surround
Formal Living Room with built in storage hutch and access to sunroom
Formal Dining Room and Morning Breakfast Room
Kitchen with propane gas range, electric grill and cooktop in kitchen island, pantry and plentiful storage
Summer Kitchen with Saltillo tile and plentiful seating space with electric cooktop & oven provides access to rear patio and garden
Sunroom with Saltillo tile and plentiful seating, provides access to the front and side yards and is accessible from the formal living room
Sequestered Primary Bedroom and Bath with garden tub, vanity, and walk-in shower
Guest Bedroom with bath en suite: vanity and tub shower enclosure
Utility Room with half bath and laundry sink, provides access to the summer kitchen
- White oak hardwood plank flooring in living areas
- Linoleum flooring in kitchen, breakfast room, utility room and bathrooms
- Custom window blinds with top down-bottom up feature
- Energy efficient fixed windows over awning windows
- Central heat and air conditioning
- Metal Roof
- Water well and 550-gallon water storage tank and pressure tank
- Septic system
- High fencing around rear garden; perimeter wire fencing
- Three observatories with electricity, and two observatories with concrete piers and mounts. Observatory #2 includes a 16” Ritchy-Chretien telescope, Observatory #3 includes a 22” Ritchey-Chretien telescope and control room.
- 2,000sf barn and workshop with 220 amp service, concrete floor in barn, roll-up garage doors. Two over-sized carports and one RV port
- Two-car garage with attached three-sided covered parking
- Corral located on lower acreage
- Travel trailer with living area addition, connection to water well on lower acreage
- Man-made dam dated 1920 located in the gorge