Sunrise Stables is located 2 miles north of Moody, TX on quiet Joy Lynn Road. Situated just west of the I-35 corridor, both Waco and Temple are a short 30-minute drive away.
112 +/- Acres
Sunrise Stables is a quiet and peaceful Central Texas horseman’s paradise. World-class horse facilities and a charming home set in a landscape of rolling hills create a private sanctuary with a convenient location, making access to local amenities and the rest of the state a breeze. Vast improved pastures with tree-lined borders offer room for cattle, horses and recreation.
The primary improvements of Sunrise Stables consist of a central house compound and a fabulous luxury horse barn complex. Both are accessed from a long caliche driveway lined with wildflowers and featuring views of the rolling pastures.
- A three-bedroom, two-bath 1440square foot home with over-sized one-car attached garage, covered front porch, and covered patio.
Shop Building and Car Barn
- 32×40 (1280square foot) Insulated metal building with 12-foot tall sidewalls includes pull-through bay with two, 12X12’ steel roll-up doors, and separate bay with 10×10’ steel roll-up door.
- 30×54 (1620sf) Insulated metal building with 14-foot sidewalls includes two 10X25’ doors. This oversize building easily holds four dually pickups or other large heavy equipment.
Luxury Horse Barn Complex:
West Horse Stall Bay of Horse Barn
- The horse stall bay includes six, 12×12’ Box Stalls with heavy duty sliding doors, automatic waterers, feed bins and hay racks.
- Three of the stalls are outfitted with comfort stall floors & stall mats, and three stalls with comfort floors.
- Bay also includes an indoor grooming/tack-up stall and an enclosed wash stall
- 450 square foot office with kitchenette, a full bathroom for guests, a guest tack room, laundry room, and feed storage area. All are air conditioned and heated.
- This large bay is a drive-through bay that includes ample room for hay storage and a large workshop area, plus loft storage.
East Hay Storage and Workshop Bay
- This bay has ample room for equipment parking, hay storage, or other use, and includes an oversize roll-up door on the east side, and another roll-up door on the south side.
Outside Wash / Grooming Stalls
- There are two covered outside tack-up/wash stalls.
Covered Barn Entrance & Patio Area
- A 19×40 (760 square foot) covered patio area in front of the West Bay makes for convenient covered parking during inclement weather.
Covered Trailer Storage
- The covered trailer storage area adjacent to barn provides shelter for a truck and trailer.
- Four medium-sized paddocks include covered metal two-wall sheds with automatic waterers, hay racks, and feed bins, with reach-through doors for feeding hay and grain.
- Two additional smaller paddocks are covered for mid-day sun protection.
Water, Wildlife, and Habitat
Sunrise Stables is serviced by water from the city but a shallow well does exist on the property. All waterers in barn complex are in excellent working shape as well as an outdoor trough used for cattle. A 1.5 acre earth tank in the west pasture offers seasonal water for recreation and cattle.
For the nature lover, the property boasts a large diversity of plants and animals. A variety of wildflowers and bird species ranging from cardinals, flickers, Red-Tailed and Swanson’s Hawks, Peregrine Falcons and Great Blue Herons to a variety of migratory ducks. Mammals that call the property home include jackrabbits, cottontails and White-tailed Deer