Quihi Creek Ranch is located halfway between Hondo and Castroville off FM 2676 near the historic settlement of Quihi and the well-known Quihi Gun Club and Dance Hall. San Antonio is only a 40-minute drive away, making the property a quick escape that is easily accessible from all parts of the state.
140 +/- Acres in Medina County
Live water Quihi Creek was what brought Henri Castro to settle the area in 1845 and the same spring fed waters still flow through Quihi Creek Ranch today. In more than 30 years, the current owners have never seen the springs on the property go dry, and the 2/3 of a mile of deep pools lined by huge oak and elm trees has been a constant source for recreation, wildlife, and livestock. Four large well-fed stock tanks parallel the creek, connecting with an irrigated pecan orchard of
around 100 trees for domestic and wildlife use. Around 30% of the ranch consists of wide, rolling improved fields dotted with heritage oak trees. The fields have been meticulously cleared of rock over the years and provide for great pastoral views of the land. The western side of the property is made up of a beautiful old-growth oak/elm forest along Elm Creek, loaded with deer, birds, and other wildlife.
The diverse mixture of shrubs and trees along the two creeks creates excellent habitat that has the property covered in wildlife. A surprisingly large white-tailed deer population can be found on the property, accessing the creek and hiding in the thick cover of the forest. The abundance of water on the ranch, in combination with the utilization of surrounding land, presents a tremendous opportunity for dove hunting. A multitude of songbirds, and other species such as red-tailed hawks and great blue herons also call the property home and create an opportunity for wildlife watching or photography.
Improvements and Water
The many improvements are oriented around a large custom home situated under a stand of massive oak trees surrounded by several outbuildings and amenities that are well thought out and designed for enjoyment of all aspects of the property. Quihi Creek Ranch is an ideal place for families to gather or entertain, offering everyone something to do. Whether its swimming, hunting, ranching, gardening, or just enjoyment of the scenery, the improvements exist to cater to all.
• 10,000 sf custom home ideal for large family
• 4 bedrooms, 5 ½ bath, 1 large dormitory room
• Home office with separate entrance
• Canning room, game room, solarium
• Full apartment on 1st floor
• 3-car garage
• Swimming pool with bathhouse and hot tub
• Screened Gazebo with built in BBQ pit
• Long concrete driveway through all improvements
Outbuildings and other Improvements
• 90×60 steel frame barn with several bays, concrete floors, and workshop
• 40×20 carport along concrete driveway
• 2 covered equipment sheds with concrete floors
• 2 covered sheds with dirt floors
• Covered RV shed
• 2 bed, 2 bath caretaker’s cottage
• Cattle pens
• Greenhouse and Irrigated garden
• Steel footbridge over the house tank
• Irrigated pecan orchard for domestic and wildlife use
• 2/3 mile of live water Quihi Creek
• 3/4 mile wet weather Elm Creek
• 4 large stock tanks
• 2 submersible wells supplying orchards and tanks
• 1 windmill