Bedinghaus Ranch is located between D’Hanis and Sabinal on paved Squirrel Creek Road (CR 520). With San Antonio only an hour’s drive away, the ranch is easily accessible from all parts of the state.
381 +/- Acres in Medina County.
Bedinghaus Ranch is a turn-key hunting, cattle, and recreation ranch uniquely located in the transition zone of the Hill Country and the South Texas Brush Country. From rolling, brushy hills with long views to winding lakes tucked into draws lined with towering oak and elm forests, Bedinghaus Ranch offers diverse habitat and terrain under one fence with exceptional improvements that allow for day-one use and enjoyment.
Much of the ranch consists of rolling hills covered in a mixture of brushes such as guajillo, blackbrush, mesquite, laurels, etc. and are dotted with large heritage oaks. Along two large lakes, a dense canopy of oak and elm trees provides great habitat for wildlife as well as a gorgeous spot to relax or recreate. Among the brush and in scattered open pastures lies a healthy base of native grasses ideal for grazing. Additionally, a low-fenced 50-acre tillable field near the entrance provides the perfect area for grazing or growing hay or other crops.
Water and Wildlife
Two well-fed tanks are situated along an unnamed creek that flows down to East Squirrel Creek as it traverses a corner of the property. These tanks are supplied by an Edwards irrigation well powered by a diesel pump. The well is approximately 1,350’ deep and feeds an underground network of piping leading to both tanks, as well as the tillable field. Seller owns 100 acre-feet of permitted water rights and will retain 50 acre-feet of unrestricted water. Water to the main house, barn and water troughs is supplied by West Medina Water Supply Corp.
The diverse mixture of shrubs and trees along the two creeks creates excellent habitat that has the property covered in wildlife. An introduced whitetail population, along with healthy populations of quail, turkey, and dove call Bedinghaus Ranch home. The abundance of water on the ranch, in combination with the utilization of surrounding land, presents a tremendous opportunity for dove hunting as well as migratory duck hunting. Fishing in the lakes is exceptional with stocked populations of bass and catfish. A multitude of songbirds, and other species such as red-tailed hawks and great blue herons also call the property home and create an opportunity for wildlife watching or photography.
After entering through the beautiful limestone gate, an excellent paved road winds along through the ranch up to a gorgeous main house perched on a hill with excellent views over a lake, the ranch, and to the horizon.
- 3,500+/- square foot custom home containing 4 bedrooms and 4 ½ baths
- Conveys fully furnished and is move-in ready
- Large great room with high cathedral ceilings and gorgeous wood beams
- Open kitchen with custom cabinets, granite counters, island and bar
- Stainless steel Bosch appliances
- Media room with theatre seating, large movie screen, and surround sound
- Large master with sitting area, built in entertainment cabinet, 2 walk-in closets
- Master bath features 2 vanities, walk-in tile steam shower, and separate oversized tub
- Beautiful office/study with hardwood floors and glass French doors
- Large screened porch with rock fireplace and views out to the pool and beyond
- Laundry room with freezer, sink, washer and dryer
- Gun room with secure combination for access
- Sound closet with security and speaker systems wired throughout house and patios
- Rock patio surrounding the in-ground swimming pool
- Concrete circle drive with 4-car attached carport
- Expansive sprinkler system for yard
- Floating metal boat dock
- Boat lift
- Concrete and gravel walkway leading from house
- Large concrete fire ring and entertainment area
- 3,200 sq. ft. metal barn on concrete slab (40 x 80 ft)
- 2 open bays and 2 covered bays with metal roll-up doors
- Deer cleaning station
- 2 drive-up gas/diesel storage tanks
- Electricity, water, and paved parking area
- Perimeter is fenced with 8’ net wire game proof fencing
- Cross-fenced with 5 strand barbed wire
- Metal well house
- Dog kennel/run
- Rock and wrought iron electric entrance gate
- Small set of cattle pens
All mineral and executive right owned will convey. To be more accurately determined by new title commitment.